Investment tips for english speakers living in France

Hi. Anybody here interested to exchange investment tips for foreigners living in France? Personally I like Real estate Crowdfunding (10% Yield), SCPI (similar to REITs with 6% return) and I leverage the PEA (stock investment wrapper) to invest in European stocks with limited taxes.

3 « J'aime »

Hi @Eric

Sorry for the very late answer. Your message did not pop up on my feed at the time.

Hell yeah I’m (and we are) interested! Do not hesitate to post anytime in english, on any financial/Finary subject. There are many english speaking users here even though, I’ll give you that, they did prove very shy so far!

I hope to read you again you soon.

Darryl

2 « J'aime »

Hi @erickessi, nice to read some English for once! I don’t really know how to participate here yet but I’ll be sure to stick around and add some thoughts whenever, hope others will join too :blush:

2 « J'aime »

Hi @erickessi
Nice to see some English content for once. Feel free to speak here. Sure some other guys will joined.

If my though are right, you are a foreigner who life in France, I didn’t know until now the “PEA” is available for you. It’s nice ! (sorry if I’m wrong, just curious).

1 « J'aime »

Hey @ViVaX

It is indeed available for foreigners as long as the tax residence/domicile is also in France. An expat working here but having his/her salary and his/her taxes paid back home anywhere outside France cannot open a PEA. The only other requirement is to be 18 years old or older.

Darryl

2 « J'aime »

Hi @MadeInJack

Keep it simple. If you have a question, go head and post it. Here or in an appropriate category if you identify one.

If you do read french enough but feel more comfy to answer back in english, go ahead. Please do. Your answers are needed too!

If the language mix later becomes too messy to be handled, I believe our good team at @finary will work out a solution to better the experience.

Darryl

Exactly, plus the key advantage of a PEA is its limited taxation. After 5y, you pay only 17,2% (social tax) instead of 30%. All dividends earn are tax free as well.

1 « J'aime »