If you're outside of France (or can't speak a word of the lingo), make some noise!

Since this forum opened, not a single post has been written here in the english section.

This gives the impression that all members, if not too shy, are either francophones or solely from french speaking countries which I find hard to believe.

Please, prove this community wrong and make some noise. I’d love to read more about the investment challenges or issues you might have to deal with where you live and how (or if) Finary helps.

Hope to read you soon

10 « J'aime »

Very good idea ! Let’s spread and share the Finary vision all around the world :earth_americas:

2 « J'aime »

Where is Brian?

5 « J'aime »

« In Ze kitchen of course! »

You should know that by now! :smiley: ---->

2 « J'aime »

This sounds a really good idea!

1 « J'aime »

Great idea, @Diem4DM !

1 « J'aime »

Hello from Romania.
Love your app very much, I’ve searched for something like this, glad you build it.

3 « J'aime »

Romania is in the house!

Welcome Silviu. When and where did your hear about the app? How popular do you think it is in your area? Are you already an experienced user or you’re just starting with it?

It will be nice to read more from you.

1 « J'aime »

Hello,
I think I’ve used this to get to you : https://www.producthunt.com/products/kubera/alternatives
I’m not sure is so popular, you might know more via statistics.
I’ve linked some accounts, nice that I’ve managed to add Revolut (including trading). I also use XTB (no connection) and Tradeville (no connection).
I also invest in startups, but I’ve missed your Crowdcube campaign. I’m using Seedblink - maybe I could lobby to them to create an API.
I like the app but it has some bugs related to switching from EN to FR suddenly.
All the best!

2 « J'aime »

Thanks for your feedback, feel free to share more and upvote some integrations that we might miss. We’re working on the language bit, should be much better soon :slight_smile:

1 « J'aime »

Thanks for the response. Please note that I am not part of the Finary Team. I’m just an (enthusiastic) user :smiley:

So far, Finary remained discreet about the users stats but yes, they they must know the answer to « How popular is the app in your area? Â» @mounir ? :wink:

I had a quick view at the link you gave. The description of Kubera, which I’d never heard of before, startled me on something of great concerns to me:

« â€¦It also ensures safe transfer of this critical information to your beneficiary if something unexpected happens to you… Â»

Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about how to simplify the transfer of one’s complete investments information to a beneficiary/survivor. This discussion will have me suggest a feature integration later today. Thanks to you :wink:

I hope that you will not be refrained by the little bugs you might encounter. Many of us users reported them here or by mail to the support team and only one thing can be said: They really follow up on these issues.

For all the issues I had so far, the response has always been swift. Sometimes it was just a lack of knowledge on my part but I also reported real bugs they worked hard fixing. Earlier this week, I received a private email about a major one I had almost forgotten of after a few months and which has finally been fixed.

Is there a way we can add also cash into the app?

1 « J'aime »

Good morning @dinclaw

Good question. The only solution I see so far is to register your cash in the « other » asset category. Of course, it’s not possible to have an automatically updated Cash line but it seems obvious that the « Cash » category should be right up there in the categories list. You might want to suggest that in the « Ideas » discussion at Feedbacks et Idées 💡 - Finary

What I finally did @dinclaw is that I created « manual/false » accounts named « $CAD » and « € EUR » in a false bank named « Cash ».

It’s the only option I found where I could force a 0% interest and a specific currency. The previous hint I gave works but the currency is forced (EUR for me) to the one set in your parameters.

It’s pretty sad that Finary is actually not producing any content in English since 2022.

I have to be honest and say that after subscribing to Finary Plus, I’m a bit disappointed with the lack of internationalisation of their contents (youtube, community) and with the VIP support that is not actually responding in a reasonable time.

I’m wondering if there is anyone else who shares my concerns…

1 « J'aime »

Hello @GabP

You should not judge too severely the fact that a french startup has not (yet) implemented english (or multilingual) content from the get go. Would you expect an american or english startup to produce french content right from the start?

With all the very efficient translation ressources on the web, the instant multilingual subtitles on Youtube videos, I think it’s good nowadays that a tech/finance startup can grant a higher priority to tech/finance issues over (now) less important ones like translating from french to english. Should Finary be icelandic or hungarian, I’d understand your sadness more (although…) but in this case, I’d cut them some slack :wink:

Oh and this being your first message here, I say « Welcome Â». Never hesitate to post anything here in english. I’m sure you’ll always find swift responses from members and support staff.

Darryl

Hello Gab,

Mounir recently said that Finary is going to create content on YouTube in English and German. However, I don’t have a clear idea about the timeline and I think the main focus remains on growth in the French market.

1 « J'aime »

Hi all,

Greetings from Finland. :finland:

I’m a private investor in quality stocks, equity/fixed income ETFs (smart beta - momentum, small cap value mainly) and various alternative assets.

Glad to be here.

Fredi

6 « J'aime »